Pocket Rocket are to pleased to offer for sale a hand selected 1998 Ferrari 355 Berlinetta.
This 1998 Ferrari 355 Berlinetta is undoubtedly one of the all-time great supercars to wear the Cavallino emblem, presented with extremely low mileage and in superb condition throughout – a true modern performance icon. Its renowned engine is the 375bhp 3.5-litre V8 with five valves per cylinder (hence ‘355’), coupled to a close-ratio six-speed manual transmission. The odometer shows just 19,373 miles from new.
First registered in October 1998, this F355 was specified in the appealing factory colour of Rosso Corsa Red, complemented by a rich black leather interior. There are only four previous owners from new.
Its bodywork is in excellent condition with no signs of any accident damage. Likewise, the red paint finish presents very well, It is complemented by the original polished exhaust tail pipes at the rear, and is also fitted with the Challenge rear grille. The original 18-inch magnesium alloys are in great shape, as are the wheel bolts.
In the cabin, the black Connolly leather upholstery is in excellent order, accented by rosso stitching throughout. All the interior plastics present very well, and are pleasingly free of the common ‘sticky’ plastic issue. It is trimmed with Bordeaux carpets, and the extremely rare carbon backed narrow racing seats. All of the switchgear functions as it should, and it is equipped with the original Ferrari stereo from new.
This car has been looked after exclusively by Ferrari main dealers from new, including Maranello Egham, GrayPaul Birmingham, Lancaster Ferrari, JCT 600 Leeds and in total is showing 23 services on file. Its last scheduled maintenance was in August 2020 at 19,638 miles, and during this service it also received an air-conditioning service. Previous to this it was serviced by Ferrari Birmingham in July 2019 at 19,448 miles where the timing belt and air conditioning radiator incl. seals were replaced. In June 2018 at 18,973 miles both exhaust manifolds were replaced at a cost of approx £5,000 shown by the receipt on file.
The most recent MOT test was on 12 August 2020 at 19,638 miles, which resulted in a clean pass with no advisories. The online MOT records reveal a near-faultless test history. The wheels are fitted with Michelin Super Sport tyres in size 225/40 ZR18 at the front and 265/40 ZR18 at the rear, which are all in great condition having been fitted July 2018 some 500 miles ago.
Accompanying this F355 is a completed book pack including a stamped service book, which documents 23 maintenance visits from new. There is also excellent history file of old receipts and MOT paperwork.
This Ferrari F355 GTB is an outstanding example of a modern-era performance icon. For a car that was revealed to the world 26 years ago, its pace is still very respectable even today; capable of 0-60mph in less than 4.7 seconds, and a top speed of 183mph. This is an original and unmolested example of one of the most popular Ferraris ever built, pairing a howling V8 with a slick manual gearbox, and would make a great addition to any collection.
Summary of service history:
- 17 June 1999 – 1,063 miles (Lancaster Colchester)
- 15 Aug 2000 – 3,230 miles (Lancaster Ferrari)
- 22 Nov 2001 – 3,998 miles (Lancaster Ferrari) incl. belts
- 25 Sept 2002 – 4,508 miles (Lancaster Ferrari)
- 15 July 2003 – 5,119 miles (Stratstone Manchester)
- 14 July 2004 – 10,317 miles (JCT 600 Leeds)
- 25 Oct 2004 – 11,194 miles (JCT 600 Leeds) incl. belts
- 15 July 2005 – 11,763 miles (JCT 600 Leeds)
- 13 July 2006 – 12,621 miles (JCT 600 Leeds)
- 12 July 2007 – 13,568 miles (JCT 600 Leeds) incl. belts
- 11 July 2008 – 14,006 miles (JCT 600 Leeds)
- 13 July 2009 – 14,265 miles (JCT 600 Leeds)
- 14 June 2010 – 14, 646 miles (JCT 600 Leeds) incl. belts
- 25 May 2011 – 15,132 miles (Graypaul Birmingham)
- 18 May 2012 – 15,606 miles (Graypaul Birmingham)
- 16 May 2013 – 16,063 miles (Graypaul Birmingham) incl. belts
- 14 May 2014 – 16,619 miles (Graypaul Birmingham)
- 05 June 2015 – 18,115 miles (Graypaul Birmingham)
- 29 June 2016 – 18,524 miles (Graypaul Birmingham) incl. belts
- 10 April 2017 – 18,707 miles (Graypaul Birmingham)
- 06 July 2018 – 18,992 miles (Marranello Egham)
- 17 Jan 2019 – 19,448 miles (Graypaul Birmingham) incl. belts
- 13 Aug 2020 – 19,683 miles (Graypaul Birmingham)