Pocket Rocket are to pleased to offer for sale a hand selected 1999 Ferrari 550 Maranello.
This 550 Maranello wears sophisticated Grigio Alloy metallic paintwork over a rarely specified Blu Scuro leather-trimmed cabin, with dark blue carpets and lower dashboard. The odometer displays a very reasonable 42,527 miles from new.
Under the bonnet is a 5.5-litre V12 engine, which sends 478bhp to the rear wheels via an engaging open-gate six-speed manual transmission.
This 550 Maranello boasts an excellent provenance and maintenance history and benefits from a recent cam belt, clutch and ECU replacement.
It rides on the original 18-inch five-spoke alloy wheels shod in Michelin Pilot Sport tyres. The specification includes electrically operated seats with embossed Ferrari headrests, air conditioning, ventilated and drilled brake discs, switchable sport mode and a rear luggage shelf with Blu Scuro leather straps. It features a later Sony stereo with Bluetooth and auxiliary connectivity.
It is accompanied by the owner’s leatherbound book pack, including the service book and warranty books, as well as a raft of invoices relating to the car’s maintenance.
The cherished number plate ‘F12 MYK’ is included in the sale of the car.
The Grigio Alloy metallic paintwork is in very good condition. Inside, the cabin presents very well, with some creasing and light wear on the Blue Scuro leather-trimmed sport seats.
The car’s most recent MOT test took place on 11 January 2022 at 42,529 miles, resulting in a first-time pass with no advisories. The car has received a clean first-time pass every year since 2013.
- Ferrari specialist MDL replace front discs and pads (genuine OEM) in February 2022. They also replaced both bonnet gas struts and the alarms siren
- Ferrari specialist V Engineering carried out an oil and filter service in December 2021 at 42,527 miles. They also performed additional work that included recharging the air-con system, replacement of an oil line, fitting of the driver’s door strap, replacement of a missing window guide and replacement of two switch carriers; at a total cost of £1,527.
- Prior to this, it was serviced during April 2020 at 41,971 miles by Emblem Sports Cars Ltd. The work consisted of an engine oil and filter change, along with the replacement of the air conditioning pump bearing, alternator tensioner bearing and water pump idler bearing. At the same time, the air conditioning was re-gassed, and the plenum chamber was removed, cleaned, and reassembled with a new plenum chamber gasket.
- Prior to this, the car was serviced in April 2019 at 41,799 miles at QV London which was a general service with the replacement of the car’s hoses.
- In June 2017 the car was serviced by marque specialist Foskers at 41,575 miles. The work comprised of a general service and a cam belt change.
- Other maintenance performed in 2020 by Emblem Sports Cars included a new clutch and clutch release bearing, a replacement cam belt, new spark plugs and a new ECU.
20.5.00 – 3,962 miles – HR Owen
08.8.02 – 9,029 miles – Maranello
28.8.03 – 9,766 miles – Maranello (incl. belts)
03.2.04 – 10,973 miles – HR Owen
13.6.06 – 12,271 miles – HR Owen (incl. belts)
16.9.09 – 13,151 – Kent High Performance Cars (incl. belts)
03.9.10 – 19,407 miles – Henstead Motorsport
16.8.11 – 25,284 miles – Henstead Motorsport
11.9.12 – 29,869 miles – Henstead Motorsport
07.10.13 – 32,783 miles – Henstead Motorsport
17.10.14 – 37,835 miles – Henstead Motorsport (incl. belts)
20.10.15 – 40,850 miles – Henstead Motorsport
23.6.17 – 41,575 miles – Foskers (incl. belts)
04.4.19 – 41,799 miles – QV London (incl. hoses)
02-5-20 – 41,971 miles – Emblem Sportscars (incl. belts and clutch)
01-12-21 – 42,527 miles – V Engineering
This Ferrari 550 Maranello is a fine example of the marque’s elegant grand tourer, presented in excellent but eminently useable condition, and benefiting from a well-documented maintenance history. With its handsome styling, naturally aspirated V12 engine and manual gearbox, the 550 Maranello remains a compelling choice for covering great distances in comfort and style, and this example is ready and waiting to captivate its next enthusiast owner.