Pocket Rocket are to pleased to offer for sale a hand selected 1990 Mercedes Benz R129 500SL.
- A rare low-mileage (42,800 miles) example of the iconic ‘90s convertible, complete with factory hard top for all-weather motoring.
- Power for this SL comes from a 5.0-litre naturally aspirated V8 producing 322bhp, which is sent to the rear wheels via a four-speed automatic transmission.
- This example has been meticulously serviced throughout its life, with a total of 11 stamps in the original servicing handbook.
EQUIPMENT AND OPTIONS
- This 500 SL comes complete with the matching factory hard-top which allows for year-round use. The stand is also included for easy storage.
- Factory-fitted features include cruise control, air-conditioning, heated rear screen, and electrically adjustable memory front seats.
- This 500 SL also benefits from an upgraded stereo head unit, along with an amplifier system which is located in the boot.
- Accompanying the car is the original Mercedes-Benz book pack, numerous handbooks and manuals, V5 certificate showing just three prior keepers, stamped service record and two sets of keys.
- There is no recorded history of bodywork damage to the vehicle, and no known current issues.
- The paintwork is in generally good condition and retains a deep shine, though there are a few marks around the body, including some minor stone chips and marks to the front bumper, front wings, rear bumper and side skirts; but overall the car presents very well.
- The wheels have been refurbished and all present in excellent condition.
- Inside, the grey interior appears to be in good condition overall, with only minor wear to the front seats which is commensurate with the age and low mileage of the vehicle.
- There is a small tear on the nearside door card leather, and the seatbelt release buttons have faded over time.
- The central locking system is only working off the key, rather than the remote, though all other systems and switchgear working as it should, and no warning lights appear on the dashboard.
- The most recent MOT test took place on 17 May 2021, and resulted in a pass with no advisories after the rear brake pipes were attended to.
- The latest service took place during May 2021 at 42,735 miles and was carried out by Prothero’s Garage of Steeple Morden. This work included an oil and filter change, along with MOT-related work and inspection.
- Prior to this, there are documented services in April 2014 at 40,908 miles and in October 2006 at 37,777 miles.
- The last vendor fitted new front brake discs, new tyres, a new battery and had the wheels refurbished in addition to the aforementioned servicing.
The car is running and driving “as well as you’d hope for a car with such low mileage”. This is a fine example of the Mercedes-Benz 500 SL that can be used year-round thanks to the included hard top. It remains in great condition for its age and would make an excellent addition to any collection of modern classics.